The season’s getting close. Not Thanksgiving and Christmas season, but internship searching season. Spring internships are starting to get filled already and the competitive summer internships’ deadlines are just around the corner. Are you ready?
Finding an internship takes time, preparation, strategy, and persistence. To be successful, you need to be deliberate about your search. Here are a few questions to ask yourself to get the process started:
- Is my resume up to date, focused, and professional?
- What are my financial considerations for the summer? Do I have external financial support or will I need to make money?
- Where do I want to live after graduation?
- In what industry do I want to work?
- At what companies would I like to start my career?
- What kinds of experiences do I need to make me more marketable upon graduation?
- Who do I need to add to my network?
Now that you’ve answered these questions, where can you find the opportunities? The Career Development Center can help direct you to sources and help you explore possibilities. Make an appointment with your career coach or start on your own with EMPLOYOLA.
EMPLOYOLA, which is found at http://studentaffairs.loyno.edu/careers, is Loyola’s e-job board. Sign into your account, complete several job searches, and save each one as a job agent. EMPLOYOLA will send you an email whenever internships with your search criteria are added to the system.
Visit here next week to learn about more resources.