SophoMORE students…have heard about The SophoMORE Initiative but haven’t had the opportunity to attend any programs or events? The Office of Student Affairs recognizes that the sophomore year is full of unique challenges and opportunities and has developed this initiative just for you—the Class of 2013! While there are many educational and social programs scheduled throughout the academic year to support you through your second year at Loyola University, one of the feature programs is the monthly SophoMOREs Only lunches.
During these lunches Career Development Center staff facilitates small informal discussions between students and industry professionals around the following career exploration topics/questions:
- Did I choose the right major and how does it fit with my career goals?
- How do I discover my interests, gifts and talents and use them to meet the world’s needs?
- What are some strategies to finding a meaningful career?
- Tips and advice for college students interested in pursuing their passions?
- What are some examples of activities I should be involved in to enhance my experience and resume?
Many “Aha!” moments have resulted from the honest sharing of the speaker’s life story.
Past guests have included: Amy Cyrex Sins, Loyola University alumna and author of the “Ruby Slippers Cookbook: Life, Culture, Food and Family after Katrina,”; Donna Blair, Dominican College New Orleans alumna and Diplomat in Resident for the U.S. Department of the State; John Biguenet, Loyola University professor, author and play write and Danny Monteverde, Loyola University alumnus and staff writer for The Times Picayune newspaper.
We hope you join us for our next SophoMOREs Only lunch celebrating women’s history month with a special guest on Thursday, March 24, 12:30 to 1:30 in the Octavia Room of the Danna Student Center.