Attention Loyola University students:
Google + New Orleans is recruiting students for the Community Leader Internship to begin in September. This is an excellent opportunity to apply what you have learned in the classroom to the professional world! Continuing reading for more details and application instructions.
For the past several years, Google has been increasing its involvement in the social and economic landscape of Louisiana, bringing $102 million of economic activity to Louisiana businesses, aiding in initial recovery after Hurricane Katrina, and investing in the entrepreneurial community of New Orleans. In September 2012, Google will take another step forward in its relationship with Louisiana and the city of New Orleans by beginning the Community Leaders Program.
During July 2012, the Community Leaders Program selected local New Orleans community leaders, who are leaders in their communities, have a clear vision for positive change, and desire to make a network of strong relationships in their neighborhoods. These community leaders will receive extensive training on tools and programs for entrepreneurs, small businesses, non-profits, students, and social entrepreneurs.
Google’s community leaders will work for one year to empower businesses, build community, and bridge the web literacy gap that exists in New Orleans.
CLP Basic Information:
Total of 20-25 students receiving course credit for participation in the CLP
12 Teams working on year-long projects:
- 9 teams will work to equip local businesses to build a web presence through Google Enterprise Tools
- 3 teams will work on social entrepreneurship projects centered around education, crime, and community empowerment.
Qualifications for Involvement:
- 4-8 hours/week committed to coursework/business outreach.
- A desire to build relationships across any/all lines of difference.
- Strong, and equitable work ethic to help grow scope and reach of local businesses.
- Academic credit
- Training in Google business/non-profit enterprise tools
- Mentorship by Google employees
- Networking with New Orleans business leaders, community leaders, local influencers, and Google employees.
- Relationships with 20+ local college students, 10+ community mentors.
Visit EMPLOYOLA to apply and to see the full job description. The application deadline is Tuesday, August 28! Contact the Career Development Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504.865.3860 if you need assistance applying for this great opportunity.
**All internship positions have been filled**