Loyola University’s Career Development Center proudly announces EMPLOY the PACK: A Conference for Emerging Professionals to be held on Saturday, March 16thin the Danna Student Center. This half day conference will give seniors, graduate students, and young alumni the resources and cutting-edge strategies they need to conquer the job search process. The schedule of events is presented below. Space is limited! Register via Employola or by emailing email@example.com
9:00 am Opening Keynote Address by Porter Gale – “Your Network is Your Net Worth”
- Porter Gale, the former Vice President of Marketing at Virgin America, will open the conference by addressing how building a network improves happiness, productivity, and return on both a business and personal level.
10:30 am Breakout Workshops – Session 1 – Choose from one of the following:
- Fishing with the Digital Net: Using Online Job Search Tools to Land a Job – Think you know it all about the internet job search? Think again! Experts will teach you how to go beyond the obvious sources and help you uncover a treasure trove of internet job search resources. Presented by Val Matta, founder and president of CareerShift.
- Can I Make It on This Paycheck?: Financial Planning 101 – Planning for your financial future can be a confusing and complex process, especially on an entry level salary. Learn how to implement an all-encompassing personal financial plan by navigating the complexities of budgeting, deciphering employment benefit packages, establishing credit, saving for retirement, and paying off student loans and other types of debt. Presented by AXA Financial Advisors
11:30 am Breakout Workshops – Session 2 – Choose from one of the following:
- Leveraging A Gap Year Experience to Make Your Dream Job A Reality – Many students find jumping into graduate school or a full-time job daunting, yet they still want to do something meaningful and skill-building after graduation. Gap year experiences have the potential to broaden your knowledge base as well as strengthen your network. Explore popular gap year options and hear from a panel of individuals who were able to leverage their gap year experiences to launch a rewarding career.
- Branding Your Key Product: YOU – With one of the most competitive job markets in history what can you do to set yourself apart? In this program, experts will discuss how to identify and leverage your skill sets and earn the job you want. Those in attendance will leave with the tools they need to attack the job market head-on, including interview skills that will set them apart from the crowd.
12:30 pm Closing Keynote Address and lunch by Scott Beale – “Making a Difference While Making a Living”
- Scott Beale, Social Entrepreneur, former U.S. Diplomat, and Founder & CEO of Atlas Service Corps, Inc., will provide a guide how to balance the checkbook while also balancing a sincere motivation to make the world a better place.