Welcome to campus, Class of 2017, and a warm welcome back to all returning students! The Career Development Center is thrilled you’re here. As you settle into the routine of class and extracurricular activities, don’t forget to drop by the Career Development Center. Whether you’re an undeclared first-year or a senior with a Biology-Spanish double major, we have a wide variety of programs and services to help you succeed. Take a moment to review a sampling of the services we have highlighted here.
- What Can I Do with My Major: a valuable online resource that provides students insight into the most common career paths for graduates within specific majors. Additionally, it provides examples of employers who recruit graduates of specific disciplines and outlines strategies for students to acquire marketable skills before graduation.
- Employola: an online job and internship database only for Loyola students and graduates. Be sure to login, check out the opportunities available, and create a job or internship agent so that you are automatically notified of the positions that meet your criteria.
- CareerShift: a national job hunting and career management tool that will instantly streamline your job search by compiling any job posted on a public URL into one user-friendly format. It also allows you to search for employers and contacts within specific industries anywhere in the United States.
- GoingGlobal: the ultimate jobseeker’s tool for finding employment or internships abroad. It includes country-specific career information compiled by local career specialists including job search websites, top companies, employment outlook information, work permit and visa regulations, industry specific and professional organization lists, cultural advice, and much more!
- One-on-one appointments: your opportunity to meet with a career coach to speak about your specific career needs including the major decision, finding an internship, career options, job search strategies, interviewing, or any other career related topic. One-on-one appointments are available for students of any year or major.
- Walk-in hours: held every Monday and Thursday, 2-4 p.m. No appointment necessary. Simply drop in to have your quick questions answered.
- · Social Media: follow the Career Development Center on Twitter (@EMPLOYOLA_Surge) and like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/EMPLOYOLA). The Career Development Center uses its social media outlets to advertise hot job/internship opportunities and to provide useful career and job search tips and strategies
To schedule an appointment at the Career Development Center, call 504-865-3860.