Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana was founded in 1934 and is the state of Louisiana’s oldest and largest health insurance company. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana is committed to identifying and developing the next generation of talent, which is why they created the Generation Blue Internship Program. Participants in the program are taking part in a challenging internship that will help them develop the skills they need for their future careers. The program is open to undergraduates, graduate level students and recent graduates and best of all, you get paid!
Generation Blue is a 10-week program offered three times per year: fall, spring and summer. Class sizes and availability will vary based on business needs. Recruitment is ongoing for all majors and backgrounds. In order to qualify students must be pursuing an undergraduate / graduate degree or be a recent graduate.
- A minimum of a 2.8 GPA is required.
- Ability to work 15 – 20 hours per week for fall and spring internships. (30 – 40 hours for summer internships)
- Ability to work, live in or commute to the Baton Rouge area.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Word is required.
- Participate in “Lunch and Learn” sessions to delve into professional development topics and increase your industry knowledge.
Students will have access to the Blue Link Mentoring Community for formal and informal mentorship from leaders across our entire organization. During the last week of your internship, students will be given the opportunity to showcase their work to company leaders and fellow interns.
Come and visit the University Relations team at the Fall 2016 Internship and Part Time Job Fair on Thursday August 25, noon – 2:30 in the St. Charles Room and learn more about some of the following internships: graphic design intern, IT disaster recovery intern, marketing intern, community relations intern, actuarial intern and writer intern. NO RSVP required. Register at the door!