The start of the new school year means lots of new beginnings and changes. Many of you are now living in close quarters with new people from all over the world. With your new living environment comes an exposure to a different climate, allergens, and viruses that you may not have been accustomed to in your home town.
A few words of wisdom regarding staying healthy while you LIVE with the PACK:
- Never share drinks or eating utensils with anyone
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after using the restroom or anytime they are soiled
- Use antibacterial hand sanitizer
- Frequently clean keyboards/phones/door knobs and other surfaces that you share with others
- Get plenty of rest
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Drink plenty of water (Louisiana heat can easily dehydrate you)
- Limit sugary and caffeinated beverages
- Don’t skip meals
- Wear flip flops in the shower
If you start to feel ill, try simple over-the-counter remedies first. You can always stop by in Student Health Services for guidance and advice on your illness. We are open Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:45pm. We offer same day appointments for illness or nurse consultations and you can contact us at 504-865-3326. It is best to call us as early in the day as possible to schedule a same-day appointment. We are located in the basement of the Danna Center just below the Orleans Room. If you are ill after hours, please visit us at http://studentaffairs.loyno.edu/health for urgent care options and Ochsner On Call.