This has been a long and difficult semester. As a community we have experienced significant losses that impact each of us as individuals and collectively. We want you to know that we are here for you, and to encourage you to reach out if you need help in the coming weeks. Not sure how that works? Below are some options. All services are free and confidential, and can be accessed by calling 504-865-3835:
1. UCC Counselor On-Call: Stressed or depressed at 4:00 a.m. and need to talk? Call the UCC to be immediately connected to a counselor, 24/7, 365. During business hours, call 504-865-3835 and ask to talk to the Counselor On-Call; after hours and on weekends, call 504-865-3835 and press 1.
2. Psychological Counseling: Need some extra support? Anxious about school, relationships, or life in general? Sad, lonely, feeling helpless or hopeless? Dealing with trauma or intrusive thoughts? Struggling with personal mental health issues? Want to make a change, but unsure how to start? We can help. Call the UCC at 504-865-3835 and request an appointment. The UCC is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. and is located on the second floor of the Danna Student Center, Room 208, directly above the OR.
3. Anxiety Management Workshops: Stressed? Can’t focus because you are too busy worrying? Panic attacks? Want to feel better fast? Our weekly Anxiety Management Workshops offer concrete skills and strategies to reduce and eliminate undue anxiety. Workshops are offered on Thursdays, from 12:30-1:30 p.m. at the Student Success Center (Marquette 112). No preregistration is necessary, walk-ins welcome!
3. Crisis Intervention: Same day appointments are available to students who need immediate help. Please call the UCC at 504-865-3835 to request a crisis intervention appointment.
4. Consultation: Concerned about a friend or roommate? Consult with one of our counselors by calling 504-865-3835.