Congratulations! You’ve made it to the starting line! Probably not what you expected to read as the spring 2016 semester comes to a close. But, if you reframe your thinking a bit from completing the end of the semester to anticipating the beginning of summer, you will probably feel relieved, excited, and ready to begin a new adventure. After a little R&R, of course.
A few questions to get you growing forward toward an optimistic outlook:
- What does your starting line look like?
- Are you graduating and moving on to a new opportunity?
- Are you taking a gap year to volunteer and/or travel?
- Are you returning home for the summer but will return to Loyola for the fall?
- What are your short-term goals and strategies to reach those?
- How about your long-term goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? How will you get there?
Keeping your hopes and dreams in mind and having a future to look forward to are ways to enhance motivation and maintain a positive attitude. It’s also good practice to have a trusted mentor in your life to gain support and advice as you work toward continuous improvement, whether that be personal, professional, or both.
Wishing you the best of success no matter the path your journey takes and with each starting line that you face!