HUD’s Office of Economic Resilience is seeking a volunteer summer intern to support its Environmental Justice (EJ) portfolio and other community resilience building efforts. We are looking for someone with an law, environmental, policy, public health, social justice, urban planning, or other relevant background to specifically assist with updating HUD’s Departmental Environmental Justice strategy. This is substantive policy work that requires a high-level of organization, attention to detail, research and interpersonal skills.
Core duties will include:
- Review HUD’s existing EJ strategy and progress reports, as well as previously submitted public comments, to determine gaps
- Review relevant HUD statutes and regulations for EJ-related considerations and needed guidance
- Assist in engaging HUD offices and divisions in raising awareness about EJ issues and how they relate to HUD mission
- Assist in designing and executing public engagement strategies to reach EJ stakeholders and determine their policy and programmatic needs related to HUD’s mission
- Assist in drafting framework for EJ strategy update for leadership consideration
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by Friday, April 17 via email to:Sunaree Marshall Senior Advisor Office of Economic Resilience U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development firstname.lastname@example.org