CrescentCare is a multi-community Federally Qualified Health Center serving the Greater New Orleans area. The Health Centers provide quality care to individuals, couples and families that seek a “medical home” where they can consistently go for care. CrescentCare currently seeks a staff attorney.
Title of Position: Staff Attorney
Department: Legal Services
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Position reports to: Director of Legal Services
Date to be filled: Immediately
Position Description (in paragraph format):
Direct representation and provision of counsel to clients, including conducting new client intake, assisting clients with initial applications and particular focus on appeals for public benefits, as well as administering and staffing clinics, providing off-site emergency legal services, and advocacy presentations.
- Louisiana licensed attorney and Louisiana commissioned notary
- Minimum of three years of experience in effective provision of legal services
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest or social justice work
- Experience working with Social Security Disability, EEOC, Medicaid, preferred
- Background in heath law and/or administrative law preferred
- Experience with HIV/AIDS or other disabled populations, preferred
- Exceptional analytical, writing, and speaking skills.
- A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, and sexual orientation
- Experience managing grant requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must have sound interviewing and assessment skills and the ability to work effectively with clients of all socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
- Necessary technical skills to use electronicdata management system, incident reporting system, email, and other information systems
For more information on the position and an online application, please visit CrescentCare’s website.