The Access to Justice Projects Counsel manages, administers and directs various projects of, or facilitated by, the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Access to Justice Program with an emphasis on building relationships among Louisiana Civil Justice Community members and Criminal Justice System partners that foster coordination and strengthen results within each group. This responsibilities of the Louisiana licensed attorney who accepts this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with training and education efforts of Louisiana’s public interest and pro bono attorneys
- Facilitating initiatives for Louisiana’s civil and criminal justice community stakeholders.
- Acting as staff liaison for select LSBA Committees and Subcommittees, such as the Access to Justice, Criminal Justice, Legal Services for Persons with Disabilities and Children’s Law Committee and the LSBA’s LIFT Program.
- Working in partnership with members of the Louisiana civil and criminal justice communities, [Louisiana legal providers (civil and criminal) , Louisiana's Statewide Task Forces, Louisiana Pro Bono Programs, the Access to Justice Committee and others] to fulfill the objectives of the position and Access to Justice Program.
- Working with ATJ Director on other projects, including but not limited to resource development, pro bono, communication matters, Legal Innovators for Tomorrow LIFT Incubator Program, Justice Gap Issues, etc.
- Working with ATJ Staff and Justice Community Partners on innovations to improve access to the courts and help bridge the justice gap in which services are not provided.
Applicant must be able to demonstrate a prior commitment to access to justice issues.
Applicants should send a resume with cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com