New Orleans Bar Association is seeking a bright and enthusiastic Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) Coordinator. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is enrolled in law school part-time or has interest in the legal field and enjoys working with the public. The position requires the administration and management of support functions for the Lawyer Referral Service and includes initial client interviewing, referring clients to the appropriate attorney or organization, and follow-up inquiries. The LRS Coordinator is responsible for registration and record maintenance, quarterly reports and collection of fees from all panel members.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- LRS online and website functions
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for the Executive Director
- Communicating about the service to the public and lawyers
- Soliciting, scheduling and training of pro bono law clerks in client interviewing procedures
- Handling other assigned tasks as needed
Please email a cover letter, resume and three references with the subject line reading, LRS Coordinator, to Helena N. Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.