The United States Immigration Court at Oakdale, Louisiana, has an opening for a summer 2016 judicial intern. All law students who are U.S. citizens are eligible to apply. Strong research and writing skills are required. Prior knowledge of immigration law is preferred, but not required. Those selected as interns will gain an understanding of U.S. immigration law and procedure as it relates to issues of removal and deportation.
AboutLawyers for Others, the blog of the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center, provides law students and alumni access to information on public service job opportunities, programs, and events.
Visit our Website
- Volunteer Opportunity: New Orleans Bulldog Rescue
- Career Opportunity: Louisiana Appleseed, Executive Director
- Career Opportunity: Louisiana Capital Assistance Center, Mitigation Investigator
- AmeriCorps Opportunity: The Pro Bono Project
- Career Opportunities: Civil Rights Corps, Operations Manager and Supervising Attorney