The United States Immigration Court at Oakdale, Louisiana, has an opening for a summer 2016 judicial intern. All law students who are U.S. citizens are eligible to apply. Strong research and writing skills are required. Prior knowledge of immigration law is preferred, but not required. Those selected as interns will gain an understanding of U.S. immigration law and procedure as it relates to issues of removal and deportation.
AboutLawyers for Others, the blog of the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center, provides law students and alumni access to information on public service job opportunities, programs, and events.
Visit our Website
- Job Opportunity: Louisiana State Bar Association’s Access to Justice Dept., Administrative Assistant
- Louisiana Appleseed Hosting Free Immigration Court CLE
- Career Opportunity: Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti
- John R. Justice Student Loan Repayment Program
- Internship Opportunity: Southern Poverty Law Center, 2019 Summer SIFI Bilingual Legal Intern