The United States Immigration Court at Oakdale, Louisiana, has an opening for a summer 2016 judicial intern. All law students who are U.S. citizens are eligible to apply. Strong research and writing skills are required. Prior knowledge of immigration law is preferred, but not required. Those selected as interns will gain an understanding of U.S. immigration law and procedure as it relates to issues of removal and deportation.
AboutLawyers for Others, the blog of the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center, provides law students and alumni access to information on public service job opportunities, programs, and events.
Visit our Website
- Career Opportunity: The Pro Bono Project, Staff Attorney- Successions and Advance Directives
- Career Opportunity: Civil Liberties Defense Center, Associate Activist Attorney
- Summer Internship Opportunity: Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School
- Career Opportunities: Southern Poverty Law Center, Senior Staff Attorney and Outreach Paralegal
- Job Opportunity: Louisiana State Bar Association’s Access to Justice Dept., Administrative Assistant