The Southern Poverty Law Center’s Legal Department seeks a Policy Counsel based in its New Orleans, Louisiana office. The ideal candidate is an outgoing, results-driven, and experienced advocate, who is passionate about advancing civil rights for society’s most vulnerable members and communities . The Policy Counsel works under the supervision of the Managing Attorney and in concert with the Deputy Legal Directors to advance SPLC’s state and local policy objectives in Louisiana via multi-strategy campaigns. The Policy Counsel works with teams of attorneys, paralegals, advocates, and members of the SPLC communications and editorial departments. The Policy Counsel liaises directly with elected and appointed officials, agencies, judges, non-profit organizations, and affected individuals and communities.
AboutLawyers for Others, the blog of the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center, provides law students and alumni access to information on public service job opportunities, programs, and events.
Visit our Website
- Career Opportunity: Miami Law Human Rights Law Clinic, Lecturer/Practitioner-in Residence & Program Manager
- LSBA Access to Justice Department: LIFT Incubator Project
- Paid Legal Internship at If/When/How in Oakland
- Career Opportunity: New Orleans Independent Police Monitor, Attorney I
- Career Opportunity: Advocacy Center, Director of Community Advocacy