The Pro Bono Project coordinates law student volunteers to assist those representing themselves in court at the 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna. Since July 2016, volunteers have helped hundreds of people who visit the Self Help Resource Center (SHRC) located on the second floor by the Judicial Administrator’s Office. Volunteers are needed to refer people to available legal aid resources or assist them with completing the pre-approved court forms. The SHRC is open every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 to noon. Parking in the garage is validated. Again, no legal advice is given – only brief legal information. Interested? Contact The Pro Bono Project by emailing email@example.com or call 504-581-4043.
AboutLawyers for Others, the blog of the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center, provides law students and alumni access to information on public service job opportunities, programs, and events.
Visit our Website
- Career Opportunity: Water Protector Legal Collective, Executive Director
- Peggy Browning Fund: Deadline Approaching
- Career Opportunity: Advocacy Center, Financial Access Inclusion and Resources (FAIR) Case Manager
- Career Opportunity: The Justice & Accountability Center of Louisiana, Staff Attorney
- Summer Internship Opportunity: Jerome N. Frank Legal Services Organization of Yale Law School