HOWARD UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position to begin in the fall of 2020. The faculty position is an entry level position with primary teaching responsibility in Legislation and Regulation. Additional areas of interest include, corporate law (banking, corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions, or transnational investment law), tax, or civil rights appellate litigation courses and clinic. Candidates must have a J.D. from an accredited law school. Additionally, applicants should have distinguished academic credentials, a record of excellence in academia or in practice, and the potential to be an outstanding scholar and classroom teacher. Applicants should also be prepared to spend significant time outside the classroom working with students. Interested persons should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, references, and subject area preferences to Professor Alice Thomas, Chair of the Initial Appointments Subcommittee, at firstname.lastname@example.org and to Ms. Donnice Butler, Director of Faculty Services, at email@example.com. Howard University School of Law is committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. We encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and others whose background, experience, and viewpoints contribute to the diversity of our institution.
AboutLawyers for Others, the blog of the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center, provides law students and alumni access to information on public service job opportunities, programs, and events.
Visit our Website
- Upcoming Webinar: Center for Constitutional Rights presents “Doing the Right Thing: Working in Public Interest Law”
- Fellowship Opportunity: U.S. Department of State, Veterans Innovation Partnership Fellowship
- Career Opportunity: The Bronx Defenders, Staff Attorney
- Career Opportunity: CrescentCare Legal Services, Staff Attorney
- Career Opportunity: UCLA School of Law, Associate Director of the Veterans Justice Clinic