The ACLU of Louisiana seeks an attorney to further its immigrants’ rights work, with a specific focus on challenging excessive or unlawful detention of individuals in immigration detention centers in Louisiana. This individual will be responsible for federal court litigation challenging detention. They will participate in advocacy campaigns to end excessive detention and will collaborate with allied immigrants’ rights organizations throughout Louisiana.
AboutLawyers for Others, the blog of the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center, provides law students and alumni access to information on public service job opportunities, programs, and events.
Visit our Website
- Internship Opportunity: The Vera Institute of Justice
- Upcoming Workshop: The Road to Zero: A Strategic Approach to Student Loans
- Career Opportunity: Law Office of William Most, Associate
- Peggy Browning Fund Adds Another New Fellowship
- Career Opportunity: ACLU of Louisiana, Immigration Detention Attorney