Southeast Louisiana Legal Services (SLLS) is a nonprofit public interest law firm serving the 22 parishes east of the Atchafalaya Basin. We provide free civil legal aid to low-income households.
Our attorneys serve this region from offices in Baton Rouge, Covington, Gretna, Hammond, Houma, and New Orleans. SLLS has received national and local awards for its outstanding work.
SLLS anticipates hiring for the following positions:
Two Intake Specialists in New Orleans.
Duties will include:
- Client eligibility screening and intake for clients for telephone, scheduled in-person appointments, and walk-ins.
- Providing administrative support functions including returning phone calls, creating files, assisting with mail, and other general support.
- One position will require Intake and Outreach, assisting the SLLS Housing Unit Attorney’s onsite at Eviction Diversions Desks at First and/or Second City Court in Orleans Parish.
- Bilingualism in Spanish preferred.
The selected staff members will work in the SLLS New Orleans office Monday – Friday and/or at courthouse-based eviction desks. This position will be full-time with a salary range of $25,200-$35,600, depending on experience. Additional compensation for bilingualism, commissioned notary, or college degree.
To apply, send a resume to Shannan Latino, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com by Sunday, October 17, 2021.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT position for our Hammond Office.
- Position will entail performing administrative functions as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- High School graduate. College degree receives extra compensation.
- Experience in bookkeeping, check processing, grants, and/or accounting.
- Dependability and great communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge and utilization skills of Excel and Microsoft Office Suite programs as well as Google Workspace.
This position will be full-time with a salary of $25,200-$35,600, depending on experience. Additional compensation for bilingualism and/or college degree.
To apply, please send resume to Shannan Latino, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 12, 2021.
For more information about how to get involved with SLLS, please check out our Facebook page.