AboutLawyers for Others, the blog of the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center, provides law students and alumni access to information on public service job opportunities, programs, and events.
Visit our Website
- Career Opportunity: UCLA School of Law, Associate Director of the Veterans Justice Clinic
- Career Opportunities: Judicial Administrator’s Office–Louisiana Supreme Court
- Job Opportunities: University Network for Human Rights
- Public Service Opportunity: Part-Time Coordinator for New Orleans 2020 Criminal Justice Reform Platform
- Career Opportunity: Howard University School of Law, Tenure-Track Faculty
Category Archives: Events
The Gillis Long Poverty Law Center invites you to attend our upcoming lecture featuring Dr. Rebecca Gordon. Dr. Gordon will discuss her new book, Mainstreaming Torture: Ethical Approaches in the Post-9/11 United States. The event will be held from 12:30 … Continue reading
Clinical Professors Hiroko Kusuda and Ramona Fernandez participated in PB&J’s Immigration and Family Law CLE on September 4, 2014.
The Guantánamo Public Memory Project is a traveling exhibit that examines the history of the U.S. naval base in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba from multiple perspectives and raises questions about U.S.-Cuban relations, civil liberties, national security, and public memory in the past, present, … Continue reading
As mentioned in a recent Times Picayune article, Professor Hiroko Kusuda will participate in an immigration CLE event this September. Participants will receive six hours of free continuing legal education credit.