AboutLawyers for Others, the blog of the Gillis Long Poverty Law Center, provides law students and alumni access to information on public service job opportunities, programs, and events.
Visit our Website
- Upcoming Event: Justice for Trafficking Victims: Criminal Restitution and Civil Remedies
- Job Opportunity: Appalachian Research and Defense Fund of Kentucky, Inc., 2018 Summer Law Clerkships
- Upcoming Event: Surviving Solitary
- Internship Opportunity: Southern Poverty Law Center, Southeast Immigrant Freedom Initiative
- Columbia Law School’s Human Rights Institute, Practitioner-in-Residence Program
Category Archives: Internships
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties that the Constitution and the laws of the United States guarantee everyone … Continue reading
New York Lawyers for the Public Interest (NYLPI), a non-profit civil rights law firm, pioneered the practice of community lawyering in the five boroughs of New York City. Our attorneys, community organizers, social workers and administrative staff work closely with … Continue reading
The Pro Bono Project featured an article on the Gillis Long Summer Interns placed in their office! Congratulations to all interns on a successful summer!! Read the full article.
International Rights Advocates is accepting applications for the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 cycles of the Legal Internship Program to support work on international human rights cases, which employ legal strategies to hold multinational corporations accountable for human rights abuses. The … Continue reading