- Facebook: It should be no surprise that Res Life jumped on the Facebook bandwagon. Better late than never, right? Our Page has quickly become a primary hub for communication between students, parents, and staff, and a great spot for members of the Loyola community to access resources and information, as well as pics, videos, upcoming events, and approaching deadlines. When something is happening in housing at Loyola, Facebook often will be where you hear it first.
- Twitter: We’re not stopping at Facebook! Res Life is also tweeting! We invite you to follow us (@loynoreslife) for timely updates, contests, and daily motivation!
- Livin’ Loyno Blog: You’ve found our new blog. We will post short updates- a little bit business and a little bit fun- and we invite you to check back often! You’ll find great stuff posted from Res Life professional staff, student leaders, and residents.
- Updated Web Presence: We recently rolled out a 360-degree, panoramic virtual tour of Cabra Hall. We want to enhance your online experience, and to that end we plan to roll out similar tours of Biever, Buddig, and Carrollton Halls very soon. I invite you to view the Cabra Hall panoramic views online.
- Residential Wireless Access: Finally, I am excited to announce recent and ongoing improvements to wireless internet access throughout the residence halls at Loyola. Upgrades to Biever Hall were recently completed, where we doubled the number of access points in the building, and relocated existing access points to maximize signal strength. These access points are offering the fastest wireless speeds currently available. Upgrades are ongoing, with Buddig Hall receiving the next round of upgrades this spring. Any student experiencing issues with their wireless connection are encouraged to contact the Information Technology Help Desk at (504) 865-2255 to request assistance.
We are excited about these recent improvements. More than anything, these tools all help us in working toward better communication with the people we care most about: Loyola students and families. I invite you to connect with us. But don’t stop there. Interact! Shoot us a question, comment, or idea. We love feedback and always strive to get better.