The Loyola community is about half-way through fall semester. Mid-terms have arrived. The weather is beginning to cool down… well… sort of. Campus is buzzing with energy of involved and engaged students.

Where are you in this picture?

Have you found your purpose at Loyola beyond academic success?

Have you dug into the buffet of opportunities laid out before you?

If the answer to the last question is “no”, think about and reflect upon this: What topic makes you unable to hold in your opinion? Note that I did not ask about what interests you.  Pardon my double negative, but I asked what topic you were unable to not share your thoughts about when it’s brought up. What lights a spark in your very core that nothing can extinguish?

Once you’ve figured out your topic, check out the Loyola Student Organization Directory to connect with groups of students who love your topic too. Can’t seem to find an org that fans your fire? It’s time to think outside the box.

• Think about creating your own registered student organization.
  • Channel your passion into meaningful programming through RHA or the Residence Hall Council of your residence hall.
  • Get involved with a Christian Life Community and explore your passion and spirituality. Students often say their CLC is like an on-campus family.
  • Reach out and talk to a faculty of staff member with connections to your topic. Gain from their experience and expertise.

If you’re not involved and engaged on campus yet, what is holding you back? Do not let anxiety, laziness, or apathy define your college experience. Use this time to your advantage. We are proud to have you as part of our pack – now get out there and Lead the Pack.

One Response to What Matters to You?

1. Gloria Terrill says:

Hi, my husband and I had a wonderful time during the Parent Weekend. What a great job your staff had done. The professors & staff were a pleasure to meet. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The activities that were planned for the weekend couldn’t have been any better. We were kept busy and loving every moment of it. Oh and lets not forget the food during the welcome reception and the Jazz brunch on Sunday. What a real treat. The weather was even perfect. As first time parents to Loyola the parent weekend was perfect and we look forward to attending next year. That is if it’s not just for freshmans.

Can you please add me onto your email lists? I am signed up for Loyola Online Records Access. But I thought I was signed up to receive these blogs from “Livin Loyno”. So, can you please sign me up to receive these blogs? I would really appreciate it.
    Thank you so much.
    Gloria