I don’t know if it’s just me, but I get confused by the concept of Daylight Saving Time. My first mistake was calling in Daylight Savings, it is not plural, just Daylight Saving. However, that is what most people say so it can actually be found in the dictionary as the plural form.
Also, I also can never remember when we move forward and when we move back, but google taught me a catchy phrase to remember it: “Spring forward, fall back.”

So, this Sunday at 2 am, our clocks will move forward an hour. My question has always been why though?
Don’t get me wrong, I like that extra daylight during the summer, but I have never really understood that whole concept.

The implementation of Daylight Saving Time has been quite a controversial issue since Benjamin Franklin first conceived the idea in 1784. The main purpose of Daylight Saving Time is exactly what it’s name suggests: To savor the daylight and make the most out of that time.
The main rationale behind Daylight Saving Time was the use of electricity. People figured that if they could make the most out of their daylight and save the electricity for the dark months of winter.  The concept has faced a great deal of opposition, but mainly because people complain about having to adjust to a new sleep schedule.

Regardless of the amount of controversy, the government created the Uniform Time Act, so everyone would change their clocks on the same day and at the same time.

Do you think Daylight Saving Time is necessary?
Do you find it hard to adjust your sleep schedule?

Don’t forget to set your clocks back this Sunday, March 11!!