“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”

While I disagree with Albert Einstein that our world is infiltrated with a bunch of idiots, I believe he anticipated a day that technology would substitute itself as a necessity in everyday life.

I look around my room, and I see my television, smartphone charger, lamps, calculator, and alarm clocks. I use technology every day, but I do remember a time when I didn’t have all of these things. My childhood was filled with bike rides, hide and go seek tournaments, running through the neighborhood with friends, and endless hours of laughter. These are very different activities, but a common factor connects them all—human interaction.

If I had to guess, younger Americans do not know a world without constant interaction with technology, so throughout the 2012 holiday season, I am thanking God for relationships, family time, and interaction with others.

Thanksgiving has become a time of reflection for me. Through this reflection, I have found that memories with others often stay with me longer than any gift or television series. This holiday season, I plan to make time– time for others, for God, and for myself.

What are you thankful for this holiday season?