To Do List for a Perfect Christmas:
1. Finish Finals Week
If I survive the week, I will be able to completely focus on the task at hand—the perfect Christmas season.
- I would be lost without the perfect Christmas tree.
- Dad, Mom, Sophie, Sam and Steven need gifts
- Make sure to get enough cards to send to all my family and friends
- Wrapping paper, glitter, and bows are a must
- Stocking stuffers should add the perfect touch
3. Follow up on Traditions
- Hang ornaments on the Christmas tree
- Open presents early on Christmas morning
- Baking cookies and gingerbread houses
- Hot cocoa and Egg nog
5. Watch Christmas movies
1. How The Grinch Stole Christmas
3. It’s a Wonderful Life
4. A Charlie Brown Christmas
5. Home Alone
6.Venture around the neighborhood
Singing Christmas songs
1. Have yourself a merry little Christmas
2. Jingle Bells
3. White Christmas
4. Silver Bells
5. Rudolph the Red- Nosed reindeer
- Look at Christmas Lights and Decorations
7. Snow on Christmas day
Every year since I was five years old, I made a special Christmas list, and I convinced myself I needed everything on the list for a successful Christmas. I was always too distracted by the gifts, lights, and shopping trips to see the true beauty of the season.
Christmas is the day Jesus was born, but this holiday can lose focus with the thought of Santa Clause, reindeer, green and red cookies, and shopping sales. These things may be a part of the American commercialized Christmas, but they do not represent the true meaning of the holiday.
Jesus Christ, our Lord Savior, was born. The most important event in history should be recognized in an enormous way, but Christ must be the center of the celebration. Scripture is able to capture the beauty of this holiday.
Isaiah 9:6 states, “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
Many people have heard the phrase, “Keep Christ in Christmas,” and this phrase is significant because the closer Americans move towards dependence of worldly possessions, the farther away they are from the meaning of Christmas and from God.
So…. Sing the festive Christmas carols and watch the Christmas movies
Drink your peppermint coffee and egg nog
Shop away your paycheck
Remember Jesus Christ was born to save all of us.
How would Christ want to be remembered on his birthday?