So, we’re two weeks into the new year and how many people are still going to the gym everyday or not eating chocolate? I told myself this year that would give up a bad habit like procrastination. And like everyone in the world, I also said I would lose some weight this year. I haven’t curled up with a pint of my favorite Ben and Jerry’s but I also haven’t quite made it to the gym yet, I’m going today actually. (I promise!)

The new year is a time to start fresh, and resolutions can aid you in becoming the person you want to be in the new year. Resolutions aren’t a requirement or something that we make just to break. The resolutions are supposed to help you better your life.

There are the typical resolutions like I’m going to lose weight, and change all my bad habits, but what about adding things or doing something better. For instance, what about organizing one thing a week in your house, work, or school work? Resolutions don’t have to be radical changes that are going to be so difficult that you give it up within a week. What if you gradually changed whatever you wanted a little bit every year and steadily made a difference?

This year do your best to stick to the resolution, not because society or someone else tells you to, do it because YOU want to make a change in your life. It will make you happier and you might keep that resolution.

See some of y’all at the gym this afternoon!

Have you ever fully completed a resolution you made? What are your resolutions this year?