IT’S FESTIVAL SEASON! It really is the best time to be in NOLA. In true New Orleans tradition, festival season is a time to celebrate anything and everything with music, food, drinks, and fun. Throughout my three and a half years in this city, I’ve been lucky enough to go to a lot of different festival celebrations. But this year, I have one goal: Hogs for the Cause.

Hogs For the Cause is a non-profit organization that hosts an annual music and food festival to raise money for pediatric brain cancer care. This year over 80 teams will compete to be crowned the Louisiana pork champion. Attendees are invited to vote for help choose the winners by donating to their favorite team by sampling their food. While teams battle it out on the grill, music will be playing throughout the day and into the night.

The musical lineup this year is spectacular: Rebirth Brass Band, the Revivalists, Mississippi Rail Company, and Eric Lindell, just to name a few. Teams from restaurants all over the city bring their best bbq sauce, seasonings, and grills out for the weekend and compete for the High on the Hog” Grand Champion Title.

Good food, good music, and a great cause. Will I see you there?