One of the many things I love about my city is the amazing fact that is pretty much impossible to be bored on the weekends during spring and summer, due to the numerous festivals we have. Some weekends you have to dedicate Saturday to one festival and Sunday to another, clearly it’s a struggle.

One of my absolute favorite festivals is French Quarter Festival, and this year is actually the 30th anniversary. I have been going to French Quarter Fest since I was little, and I wouldn’t miss it for anything. With every year it gets bigger and many more tourists flock but this city is all about showing people our culture, so the more the merrier.

The festival this year will feature 125 acts on 20 stages spread throughout the French Quarter. And for my favorite part of the festival: the food. There are over 60 food vendors, who offer many delicious options. You can find alligator corn dogs, crawfish, oysters, tacos, shrimp, barbecue, red beans, snowballs, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Admission to the festival is free, and the food vendor prices run from about $3-$8 per item.