I am a mass communication major concentrating in journalism and I love following other journalists and learning about them, they are all kind of like celebrities in my eyes.

One of my favorite journalists and someone I absolutely idolize is Hoda Kotb. The summer before college I had officially decided that I was going into journalism so of course I read every book every journalist ever wrote, which include Hoda’s book “Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee.”

This year, I became the president of the student chapter of the Society Professional Journalists which meant I was in charge of choosing speakers. So, I set the goal of getting Hoda to come. I had tried through twitter a few times and then in January I found out she was doing a book signing in New Orleans so I went and asked her to speak at Loyola and she agreed. I got in touch with her again through twitter and then we planned through email and things fell into place to where she is coming this week to speak.

I can hardly contain my excitement and all of the planning has made me so much more excited. Here are all of the details:

Thursday, April 11 from 6:30-7:45 p.m. in Studio A, which is the fourth floor of the Communications/Music Complex. The event is free and open to all Loyola, Tulane, and Xavier students.

Here is the Facebook event you can join to get up to date information:
https://www.facebook.com/events/293346424130959/?fref=ts