As a child,

I never colored inside the lines.

I drew circles instead of squares.

I asked endless questions.

I never understood why one girl couldn’t sit with everyone else at the lunch table.

I plan to spend this summer making memories my childhood identity would be proud to identify with, a time my childhood identity dreamed to become.

I want to make memories this summer by loving others, enjoying myself, and celebrating the little things. I have found that in the end, the little events and simple times turn out to matter the most. Finding God in all things, dignity & value of each person, and the appreciation of things both great and small are mindsets that allow humankind to value each day for the beauty that lies within that day.

One way that I am able to enjoy myself is by traveling and seeing different cultures.

My favorite way to document and remember these cultures and people is by taking pictures. I love to take pictures, and by the amount of postings on Facebook and Instagram, I believe that many other people enjoy sharing their experiences with others as well.

A list of some of my favorite travel spots include:

1. Hong Kong, China
  2. Orlando, Florida
  3. The island of St. Maarten
  4. Bangkok, Thailand
  5. Cancun, Mexico
  6. St. Louis, MO
  7. San Jose, CA
  8. Nassau, Bahamas
  9. US Virgin Islands
  10. Milwaukee, WI

As for me, I will be spending my summer in New Orleans. But I love to hear stories and experiences about different cultures and traveling.

Where will you be this summer? Will you be traveling? Share your favorite travel spot or favorite picture with us.