I’m sitting in a workshop on blogging as we speak, and the information and discussion are motivating me to know more about the whole process of blogging. I’ve been doing it for almost two years now, and I continue to be astounded at every aspect of this new form of communication.
The workshop,”Learn the Basics of Blogging with WordPress,” is being co-sponsored by the Loyola School of Mass Communication and the New Orleans chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC/NOLA). Lizzy Caston, IABC/NOLA’s vice president of communication, is sharing her vast store of knowledge on the art and science of blogging.
The statistics associated with blogging are staggering!
• 346,000,000 people globally read blogs, according to comScore, March 2008
• average of 900,000 blog posts in a 24-hour period
• TechCrunch, the most popular Technology blog, had 1,750,000 RSS subscribers as of January 2009
• 77% of active Internet users read blogs
More importantly, Lizzy is sharing tips on better blogging, including what she calls “The Rules of Blogging.”
• Consider the ACT of blogging just as important as the words.
• Have a passion for what you write about.
• Learn blogging best practices.
Well, I have to get back to the workshop, but I’ll leave you with this link about Social Media 2010. Happy blogging!