Construction and renovations to Monroe Hall have required the following changes to entrances and exits to the building. These changes will be in place on Mon., Nov. 7, 2011
- Loyola Street will be closed to pedestrian traffic. An exit corridor will be maintained from the north stair (Loyola St. stair) to Calhoun Street. This is an emergency exit only. All students and faculty should avoid this area.
- A construction zone will be enclosed behind fencing between the Old Library and Monroe Hall. The north exit from the Monroe Hall lobby will allow emergency exit only. Everyone is encouraged to avoid this area. The west entrance to Monroe Hall lobby will be open as usual. Access from the Palm Court will be directed through construction fencing to building entrances.
- A new ground level entrance corridor has been created near the southwest corner of the building (near Communications and Music). Pedestrians can enter through this corridor, or they can access upper floors via the southwest stair.
- Bicycles can no longer be parked at the southwest corner of Monroe Hall – bicycles racks will be provided nearby in the Palm Court.
- The south stair will be closed at all levels. This will no longer serve as an entrance or exit.
No pedestrian access is allowed inside of fenced construction areas. Everyone is encouraged to pay attention to fencing and access routes, and to avoid all construction areas.