Four years. Sounds like a long time, right? Well, once you are a junior in college you realize that the past three years have gone by unbelievably fast and you can anticipate an even faster fourth and final year. Many of my senior friends are graduating in May, and it makes the reality of preparing for the rest of my life more apparent as they head off to grad school or to their first jobs. That will be me in a year. I’ve started to evaluate all that I have accomplished in college and all that I wish I had done. You never get your college years back, so below are some suggestions to add to your college bucket list before you graduate. (Some are Loyola Specific)
1) Join an organization you are passionate about.
3) Get involved with community service.
4) Visit the Career Development Center early!
5) Join an intramural sports team.
6) Take a fun elective that has nothing to do with your major.
7) Attend an interfaith retreat.
8) Develop close bonds with your professors and advisor.
9) Force yourself out of your comfort zone every chance you get.
10) Take beginning classes of a nonconventional language.
11) Blog about your college experiences (oh wait….).
12) Get a summer internship.